Sunday, December 6, 2009

Don't Lose Your Nerve Now!

I just woke up and am having second thoughts about quitting my job. Unemployment is 10.2%! I must be crazy! Must tap into the anger I have over getting paid as much as a Starbucks barista to do the job of three people - revenue manager, front desk agent, and PR person. Oh, and I get paid half of the market wage for my job. Ok, that does it.

Someone told me recently, while I was complaining about my job, that the employers have everyone by the balls right now. With a bad economy and a very tough job market, we NEED to work. Like panicked sheep we will let ourselves get suckered into bad situations our of fear that we won't be able to put food on the table.

Well FUCK THAT! I am a person with goals and ambitions and my power will not be diminished by some greedy rich people who get away with paying me nothing. There is more to life than dollars and cents. This is my LIFE and I refuse to waste it for another second. Fuck all these business owners and CEOs who we allow to take our time and our work and refuse to pay us enough to live on. While I am worried about how I'm going to put food on the table, the President of the company walks in with an $8,000 purse. And they tell me they can't afford to pay me a decent wage!

No comments:

Post a Comment