Monday, December 7, 2009

Call It Luck

I had an interview this morning and got hired! No, not in my actual field. But it is a job. And only 3 blocks from my apartment. I will be waiting tables at a Mediterranean cafe on the northern end of the River Walk. They don't serve breakfast so I'll get to sleep in which will be a nice change from the 5:30 a.m. wake-up I've been getting for the last 7 months.

Funny thing is that 6 or 7 months ago I would not have deigned to wait tables again. Now that I've barely been getting by I can't wait to start. I welcome a job where I actually get back what I put in. And I think I'm the only female on staff. More tips for me.

I still have a LONG way to go though. The real tips are on the tourist part of the river. (Yes, and Dick's Last Resort IS my last resort) And I really want an office job so I don't have to work weekends. I really hate working weekends. And after that, I'll finally find a non-profit job that pays well and I will live happily ever after. But right now, what can I get you to drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment