Friday, December 11, 2015

"Success is going from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm."

“Success is going from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.”

-

Winston Churchill


I had a conversation with my aunt recently about what I was dealing with in therapy. I have one brother and two cousins and we are all very close in age although, I am the oldest. My brother is a successful chef, one cousin is a very impressive landscape architect, and the other cousin is a music prodigy and teaches piano.

I’m very proud of them, but I find myself comparing their success to my lack thereof and I get depressed and frustrated about it. I know I shouldn’t. I know we all have different paths and different obstacles to overcome.

My aunt told me that I was a success. Not all success is measured by how great your paycheck is, or how many awards you win, or how quick success is achieved. She told me that I had a successful marriage, that I was successful at taking care of my family, that I genuinely cared about others and I had a great gift of passion. I had failed to look at the bigger picture and had a very narrow view of what success really meant.

Keeping this new perception of success in mind, I continue to chip away at having my ultimate career. Slowly, perhaps, but I make an effort everyday. Especially after I fail. With creativity I can solve any problem. With enthusiasm I will not quit.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1QjFtCu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment