Sunday, December 13, 2015

Please Share

I intended this blog to be about dealing with my depression and PTSD. But there is SO much talk about guns right now and they are the reason I have PTSD to begin with.

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE **PERSONALLY** BEEN ATTACKED AND HAD SOMEONE PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD AND THREATEN TO PULL THE TRIGGER?

HOW MANY OF YOU?

I have.

The gun was purchased legally. My attacker was ex-army. He was judged to be mentally unfit to join the Houston Police Department and the US Border Patrol but deemed fit to own a firearm. When informed there would be a restraining order against him he threatened to come to my office and start shooting. Thankfully, that was the one promise he didn’t keep. I had to quit a job I loved and move 300 miles to get away from him.

This “man” is still out there. In Texas. I hope you never come across him.

PLEASE, tell me again why open carry in Texas is a good idea. Tell me again why better screening processes and longer waiting periods for purchasing firearms isn’t a good idea.

Eight years later, I still have panic attacks related to this event. I’m lucky to be alive. I fear that as a result of this pro-gun agenda, many will not be so lucky. And no, had I been armed I would not have been able to keep him from doing what he did. Had I been armed he wouldn’t have hesitated to pull the trigger.


from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1J5uWmL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment