Sunday, October 2, 2011

Or Unemployed, Depressed, and Broke

I used to be depressed because I was unemployed. Now I think I might be unemployed because I'm depressed. You know, when you have a job you have the money and health insurance to go to the shrink - but you don't ever have the time. And when you have all the time in the world and really could use a therapist, there's no money or medical insurance. Vicious isn't it?

Trying to figure out just how to attack the unemployment problem is also confusing. Do you get just any job so you can get out of the house? Or do you hold out for something that pays what you're worth and actually interests you? Either way, you're broke. And miserable.

I keep fantasizing about making money in my pajamas while I wait out this down turn. Like a novelist or online poker champion. You can almost see the boredom hang in the air, like smoke in a bar. I wonder if I was ever good at anything sometimes. I know I was, but it seems so long ago now. Everything I've ever endeavored to do, it seems, has met a dead end beyond my control.

Where to now?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same position. . . even in the same state.

    ReplyDelete