Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just Nine More Days

Well, the job is going great. My bank account, however, is pretty shallow. Empty in fact. Nine more days until I get my first paycheck. It seems like forever. Luckily, the freezer is stocked with meat and vegetables. The dog has enough food too.

One step forward and three steps back it seems. I feel like my life is finally back on track. But I'm trying to finish college this semester. Classes start on the 11th, I get paid on the 15th. The money my father had given me for school all went to bills. I have nothing but two credit cards that are almost maxed out. And this job requires a commute and regular gas refills.

So, I feel like I'm in a catch-22. I could afford class on my salary, but I'll only make it if I can get on a payment plan. I don't want to ask for my dad's help. I'm 28. It makes me feel pathetic. I think they need a new label for this sort of stress: economic stress. I have the economic blues.

I also have started to get migraines again. This freaks me out. I've had two "baby" migraines, but they usually follow with the whoppers a week or so later. No medication left, no money for the doctor, 90 days before health coverage kicks in. I can't help it, it's hormonal. I cut out all caffeine when they start popping up. For those who have never had a migraine, it feels like Rambo kicked you right between the eyes with some big ass steel toe boots. Oh, and you get so dizzy you can't turn your head. Driving, like to work, is out of the question.

So here I am, employed, and praying nothing happens. No headaches, no car brake downs, no trips to the vet. Maybe I need another santo candle, (which saint is the one for I hope nothing goes wrong?) I feel like the athlete you watch during the Olympics that misses the gold by a split second, a toe over the line, a missed baton. You can have everything and still have nothing. 2010 is going to be the year of the bills. And that's ok, as long as I can pay them.

No comments:

Post a Comment